Wednesday, September 5, 2007

One BRICK at a time..(Feb 3, 2007)

Rome was not built in one day, so they say.
It takes one brick at a time.

I kick off my triathlon session this year with a BRICK session.
A BRICK is basically a back-to-back cycling session followed by a run. The aim is to train your legs to adjust from cycling into running in the shortest time possible. If you have not tried it before, you should. The blood flow feels a bit funny after you get off the bike (especially if it's a long ride) and start to run.

Anyway, today's my first BRICK (Bike-Run training) session at the stadium. I did a 45 minutes bike, followed by a 15 minutes run. I felt good initially but at around noontime, I was feeling a bit lousy and tired. That's what a BRICK session can do to your body if you are not yet used to it.

PS. Tip of the Day: The best place to hide your bicycle in the stadium is amongst the bushes. The jaga is not very fond of bicyles in his stadium!

No comments: