Thursday, September 6, 2007

T’was the Night before 70.3

Actually, I should start my race story at the night before the half ironman race.

So here's what I did before turning to bed at about 10 plus:
1) Mix my bike drinks
2) Mix my pre-race drink
3) Write down my breakfast menu (tested already during a trial race during National Day)
4) Final check of my energy gels to make sure they are enough for my bike and pre-swim.

My bike drink comprise three 24oz bottles (each is about 2 softdrink cans) . The first bottle I mix my "High-5" electrolyte drink I bought in Hong Kong during a trip there at a tri-shop with a funny name (I seem to pay a pilgrimage visit to that shop everytime I'm in HK!). Next bottle is my magic mix of this endurance drink - a brand of soy protein and electrolyte drink that's supposed to provide fuel for longer duration exercise with some stuff (all legal!) to reduce muscle cramps. The last bottle is filled with the humble but tastier Pocari drink. Two bottles will be loaded onto my drink cage (just below the bike seat) while the other is a special aero-bottle (with straw) that hangs over the bike aero-bar. I suspect that I may have to top up at the drink stations during the 90km bike route -especially if the weather gets really hot.

Then it's Zzzzz7..0.3.....ZzzzzzzzzzzZ.... time.

No comments: